Company Administration and Formation

As part of our ongoing accountancy and corporation tax work with limited companies we can also deal with administration of Companies House statutory duties. It is usual for us to file a copy of your annual accounts on your behalf to Companies House when we submit your accounts and corporation tax return to HM Revenue & Customs.

In addition we can file your annual company return or forms to register a change of director, company secretary or registered address for example and we can file dormant or abbreviated company accounts, all of which are submitted eletronically. Changes to your company and important decisions must be minuted and we can prepare these minutes for you to add to your company records.

As a limited company you may wish to issue dividends. Dividend distributions must be recorded and minuted and tax vouchers produced correctly. Remember that these vouchers are important tax documents and must be sent to all share holders. If a shareholder completes a personal tax return then all dividends received must be declared in the tax return.

There are penalties for filing accounts and tax returns late to HMRC and Companies House and it is a criminal offence to file an annual return late to Companies House. We can assist with all these tasks relieving you of the burden.

Of course, we have assumed all along that you already have a company. Maybe you are thinking about setting up a new company for the first time. Perhaps you are self employed and are thinking of becoming a limited company. Before you make these important decisions you should take professional advice. Please come and talk to us first and if a limited company is right for you then we can form it for you.

We can also be your company's registered address so that we can deal with the administration more efficiently. This can a great help if you are a residential tenant and your rental agreement or lease prohibit you from running any business activity from your home.

Please call us to make an appointment.